Sunday, May 3, 2009

Emerson's 2nd Birthday



Our sweet, rambunctious, full of life daughter had a 2nd birthday not too long ago. Emerson Louise Garcia turned 2 on April 12. I really don't know where the time has gone; the time since she was born (and since I last posted). It seems like just yesterday we were picking out her name and now she is two years old.



Here are some things I love about our sweet baby...

  • Emerson called herself 'baby' until she was about 18 months old.

  • Then she called herself Emmy.

  • Now she calls herself Emerson and can say Louise pretty good too.

  • She loves her little sister and loves to sing about Ella Kate.

  • She loves to sing period. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Waves of Mercy (la,la,lalalalala) and The Wheels on the Bus are her favorites. Oh and Jesus Loves Me!

  • She can eat like no other child I have ever seen. If we would let her (and we have on occasion) she would eat an entire can of fruit or vegetables.
  • She can run in the same circle for a very very very long time. I am not sure how she does it with out falling over dizzy.

  • Emerson loves to go to the park and play on the playground.

  • She knows the name of all of her friends at school.

  • Gaby is who she mentions the most.

  • She has tattled on them before. The first real sentence she said busted a friend. The daycare told me she got bit by 'a friend'. When we got in the car she told me "Carter bit my finger".

  • Emerson is OBSESSED with Lightning McQueen. We have watched Disney's Cars more times than any movie I have ever seen.

Which brings me to her birthday party. We had a little birthday party for her on Easter weekend. Because she loves McQueen so very much we could not do anything else for her birthday. I went a little Lightning McQueen crazy at Party City. (On a side note my students told me Party City had a great candy supply and they DO. If you are looking for an interesting candy, try there) Emerson had been talking about her "McQueen Party" for several weeks before her birthday so it was really great to get her up from her nap and have the house decorated in Lightning McQueen. She was super excited.







I decided to try to make her cake on my own. I bought a McQueen mold cake pan and went at it. It actually came with directions of how to make the cake look like Disney's Lightning McQueen. I have to say I was pretty impressed...4 hours after beginning to frost the cake.








Thanks to you guys that came to help us celebrate Emerson turning 2!!







Emerson, Daddy and I love you so very much and are so blessed and thankful to have you in our lives.

1 comments:

Dave and Jenni said...

The cake looks AWESOME!!! And I'm so glad you decided to go with the green chairs. Looks great!